Welcome to Durham Bone and Joint Specialists
We are a multidisciplinary team of Orthopaedic Surgeons and specialists who practice together to provide you with a complete range of operative and nonoperative treatments for your orthopaedic conditions. We accept appointments by referral only from your Primary Care Provider. We have subspecialty interests in:
- Frozen shoulder treatment
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome / Biceps Tendon / Torn Rotator cuff treatment including Rotator Cuff Repair and Superior Capsular Reconstruction
- Shoulder Arthritis and Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy treatment, including Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthropalsty and Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Fractures of the humerus and clavicle
- Dislocations and instability of the shoulder and AC joint
- Disorders of the elbow including tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, distal biceps repair, elbow ligament reconstruction, fractures and dislocations
- Comprehensive Hip and Knee arthritis management including Arthroplasty (replacement) and Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Knee Sports Medicine including Quadriceps Tendon ACL Reconstruction, meniscus repair or resection, cartilage reconstruction
- Foot and Ankle surgery including post-traumatic reconstruction.
We are co-founders of The Shoulder Centre formerly at Lakeridge Health Ajax and Pickering Hospital, and we now host that program entirely on-site. We practice alongside sports medicine physicians, physician assistants, physiotherapists, and Primary Care Practitioners with advanced training in shoulder care using evidence based medicine.
We are partners with the Ontario Workers Network and provide OHAP and Comprehensive Assessment and treatment of spine, hip, knee, foot & ankle, shoulder, elbow and wrist conditions for injured workers through this program.
We offer rapid access for assessment and treatment of minor strains, sprains, and some fractures in partnership with Primary Care offices throughout Durham region.
Research & Education
We are involved in ongoing research and education in
- Patient Reported Outcome Measures
- Health Quality Research
- Multicentre Canadian and International Trials
- Patient Education
- Surgical Skills education in Canada and Internationally
- Partnerships & Continuing Medical Education for Family Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Surgical Skills Training for Orthopaedic Surgeons
Services We Offer
We offer a variety of in-person and virtual services to relieve pain, improve function, and help you on your healing journey
Meet our Team
We are a multidisciplinary team of orthopaedic experts who form a network of care for you. We aim to improve your function and quality of life.